How to export all project names with a specific field in JIRA

Linda Toler August 18, 2015

Trying to export all project names with a specific field.  How?

3 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

In the "Search for Issues" screen, there's a button called "Columns" on which controls what fields are to be displayed in the results. Uncheck everything that you don't need and then choose the option "Export (Current Fields).

What I don't understand however, is what you mean by "No issues to be exported, just the business area field information". Custom Fields are associated to issues, so you will have to export the issues with these custom field.

Linda Toler August 19, 2015

The export data we are looking for is just 2 data elements. - 1. Project name 2. business area impacted from the issue, not the issue itself.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

So, you want to get one row per each issue, but you just want to display two columns: the 'Project' the issue belongs to, plus the value of the custom field 'business area impacted'. Is that accurate?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

I don't think that's the requirement. To me, it sounds like a simple list of projects. Not issues, not the value of the custom field (because that's on issues, not projects)

Yes, no issues. I can't comment because I don't have 25points

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

How many projects do you have ? If you need only project names, go to ->all projects, and select all page content using mouse drag, copy and poste on excel sheet. You may have to remove unwanted data like, project lead, key etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2015

That screen does not tell you whether a project is using a field or not.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2015

What do you mean by "with a specific field"?

We have a field we use "business area impacted" we use for issues.  I wanted to extract the project name and only the business area impacted for issues.  - No issues to be exported, just the business area field information.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2015

Ok, you can't do it, because JIRA works with issues, not projects. You can get close though. Filter for *"business area impacted" is empty*. Save the filter. Put a gadget on your dashboard called "filter statistics", selecting your saved filter, and "project" as the field to group by. You'll get a list of all projects that have issues using the field at least once. It won't list projects where the field *could* be used, but has not yet been used, and you'll have numbers on the graphs to tell you how much the field is actually used as well, but it should cover most of what you need there.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2015

You can use JIRA gadgets on Confluence pages. That's the closest you'll get

Suggest an answer