How to export all of searched issues into excel?

Noriyo Kitatani June 5, 2014

I can not export more than 106 searched issues into excel though there are 184 searched issues in total desplayed on JIRA page. what should I do to extract all the 184 issues into excel format?

2 answers

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

As mentioned, the limit is 1000 results, so it was supposed to work. If even trying a different query the problem persists, it's probably related to your data, and the best way to investigate this would be open a support request at the support site.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2014

There's a limit of 1000, not 106, so it's not that causing the problem.

Is the excel you get out valid, or possibly broken on the last line? Could you try searching for a different set of issues that does not include what is coming out on the last line?

Could you also try changing the columns you are exporting so that you only have the issue key? (use "only fields on screen" instead of "all fields") If that returns all 184, then add back one field at a time repeating the export until you know what field breaks it.

I have an odd feeling that there's something broken in your data, so either the Jira export is failing at a certain field, or when you open it in excel it's falling over.

Noriyo Kitatani June 22, 2014

Thank you for your tips, it seems like, the number of lines of exports are set by our own internal support team regarding Jira.

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

Hey Noriyo,

FYI,

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pl.com.tt.jira.plugin.excel2jira

this plugin helps to update jira fields from excel.

Cheers ;)

Onkar Ahire

Suggest an answer