How to export a plugin table and additional criteria in only one Excel document?

Dominique Nickel August 24, 2017

Hello,

I am looking for a soulution to add a table with drop down options and calculations of totals to Jira. In a later process this table should be possible to be exported with further criteria that was tracked within the process.

I found a Plugin (Table Grid Editor) which is supporting my requirenments for tracking within the tool. Apparently, it wont allow me to export the data within Excel. I suppose the export is not possible due to the usage of different databases.

Is there any way I can track measures within a table (allowing drop down and calculations) and export the data from the table as well as further criteria which is tracked within the proccess in only one Excel document?

Thanks in advance for your response :) 

Regards, 

Dominique

1 answer

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Hey,

If Excel is not a hard requirement, the PDF View Plugin can export Table Grid fields to PDF, see these samples.

If Excel is a hard requirement, then the Better Excel Plugin is a great tool, but at the moment it does not support Table Grid out of the box. You can still try to write the Groovy script to integrate those, or find some other mechanism to manage the data that is already supported by Better Excel.

Dominique Nickel August 25, 2017

Hey Aron,

thanks for your answer. Excel exports are definetely a requirenment. I suppose the export problem is caused by the usage of two different databases.

Is there maybe a way/Plugin - other than Table Grid - to integrate tables with calculations and drop down options within Jira?

Thanks in advance,

Dominique

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2017

Hi Dominique,

(I'm from iDalko - the company behind the table grid editor)

One of the approaches to meet the excel requirement is by providing your users a odbc connection (using a read only user) directly to the database.  Views can simplify the life of the users.

Another approach is by using the pivot table gadget which has an excel export capability.

Hope this helps

Francis

Suggest an answer