How to export XML to JIRA Cloud

Florian Desneux February 23, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to import XML file created on JIRA Server (v6.4) to JIRA Cloud.
The problem is that I cannot find the import XML on the JIRA Cloud.

Could you tell me how to import XML into JIRA Cloud?

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Hey Florian, 

To import into JIRA cloud from JIRA Server, you need to run an upgrade of your server to the latest version of JIRA. 

The latest version is 7.8. 

If you are unable to perform the upgrades yourself, there are several partners out there that would be willing to help you perform it. 

A list of partners can be found here.  https://www.atlassian.com/partners/search

Florian Desneux February 23, 2018

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Do I need to pay for the upgrade?

If yes, it would be very annoying as we are moving to the cloud...

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Hey Florian, 

The most likely scenario is that you would need to pay something for the upgrade - either in licensing, or, if you need help in the form of a service fee. The cost of the license would depend on whether you have a currently valid license.

I don't know your exact scenario, so I don't want to tell you that it will cost "X" amount of money to get into cloud. 

Florian Desneux February 25, 2018

Thank you @Kian Stack Mumo Systems

We have already a cloud account with 10 users. The same for our server edition (v6.4).

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2018

Florian, 

When you purchased your license for JIRA, you were actually purchasing the following: 

1) The ability to have 10 users use JIRA for as long as you want

2) 1 years worth of access to upgrades and Atlassian support. 

After you license JIRA you can choose to forgo support after that initial year is up by continuing to use JIRA without renewing the license. If you decide not to renew, you will no longer be able to upgrade to versions that were released AFTER your maintenance period expired.

In your case, if you have been using JIRA without a license renewal, you will need to purchase a new license in order to upgrade to the latest version.

To check if you have a valid license, you should be able to do the following 

Keyboard Shortcut'g' + 'g' + start typing 'license'

Florian Desneux February 25, 2018

We do not have a valid license since 16th of April 2016.

Am I right to say that it will cost 10$? (Seen on https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/product/jira-software)

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2018

10 users  should cost $10.

Florian Desneux February 26, 2018

Thank you very much Kian Stack

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2018

Not a problem. Hopefully you are able to get this resolved!

Suggest an answer