How to export 6000 + test cases at a time?

Santosh April 10, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

I agree with Nic that you first (probably) need to find out what metric you wanted to understand with the help of this report. A raw list of 6000 test cases is not something you can get insights from...

If you know what you are looking for, use the Better Excel Plugin, which allows you to create custom Excel reports from JIRA data.

Note: it can also help you to generate a list without further reporting assets (charts, etc.), if that's what you are primarily looking for:

jira-issue-export-to-excel.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2015

Which "export" are you using?

Santosh April 10, 2015

Excel sheet...In my company we have 5000 issues in one project?Then i need export at a time?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2015

You can try working your way through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel but do bear in mind that the limit is set at 1000 for a reason - large exports can crash out, while destroying the performance of the system. A better approach is to examine why you want the export - in most cases, it's an ill-thought out requirement and there are better options than export and mangle in excel. (Also bear in mind that around 90% of excel sheets are, well, wrong)

Suggest an answer