How to expand JIRA's available space?

Claudia Mendez October 28, 2012
Good morning!  I'm concerned about JIRA's available space (Total Memory). We started on February of this year and we are using 250 of 500 MB available.
Is there a way to expand it? or, Do you have any suggestions on how to manage this?

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Hi, what you have seen is not a clear indication of how much memory you are using. Java applications *may* use up all its memory allocations as needed. if you carefully watch the memory usage it goes up and down. This is because memory doesn't automatically get reclaimed immediately, but it gets batched up to reduce the performance overhead.

However, as said by others if you do have a performance issue, best to contact Atlassian support.

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2012

Hi Claudia,

That actually shouln't be a problem, since you're referring to the available memory for JVM use, and not available space in disk. But whenever you face an issue regarding the performance of your instance, raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com to have this issue addressed directly by an Atlassian engineer.

Hope it helps!

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Hi Caludia,

Forgive me if I ahve misunderstood your question but the initial storage allocated for each Atlassian OnDemand instance is 25GB. Accounts that exceed that amount will be billed an over limit fee of $1.00 per gigabyte per month, but we don't allow instances to run out of storage space so the worst that will happen is that we will start charging you a bit extra for your subscription. However, if you are only using 250MB then you have plenty of overhead.

However, if you are refrring to the amount of memory allocated then you don't need to worry about that because the initial 250MB that you are seeing consumed will be related to the application, but in the event that you have problems with the memory allocation this is something that Atlassian will deal with so you don't need to concern yourself with that.

All the best,
John

Claudia Mendez October 29, 2012

Ok, I was talking about the memory.

Thanks, John!

Suggest an answer