How to ensure all subversion commits have valid jira ticket number?

Ivan Demkovitch May 21, 2012

I have Jira+Fisheye finally setup. All works, Fisheye correctly indexes my repository, all is well.

I understand that I can put BUG-1 into comment on check in and get this changeset auto-magically assigned to proper ticket in JIRA but it is not enforced.

I understand there is plugins for Tortoise SVN to choose bug and do #close command, etc.

What I want is server-side hook to JIRA. So commit rejected if it's done into specific repository without proper ticket number or without comment. How do I achieve this? Is there such scripts available? Is it provided by Atlassian?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2012

Have a look at the JIRA Commit Acceptance plugin, which is supported by Atlassian and available for download from plugins.atlassian.com.

Ivan Demkovitch May 21, 2012

Thanks! That should be exactly what I need.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2013

Looks a little long in the tooth - is there still any activity on this plugin? Will it move to version 2 type? COuld auth tokens be used instead?

SHould we even bother if we plan on heading to 6.0 soon?

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

As far as I'm aware it's still maintained by the JIRA plugin team and will be made compatible with JIRA 6.0. It's a bit long in the tooth and hasn't had any new feature work done in a long time, but the existing functionality still works fine (as far as I'm aware)

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

Commit Policy is a relatively new add-on to do this, and other checks on Subversion, Git, Mercurial and Bitbucket commits.

(This is maintained for all JIRA versions after 6.1.)

Suggest an answer