How to enable the Text Gadget

James McCulloch July 31, 2015

I've tried to enable the Text Gadget but I don't see an option to enable it.  I've gone to:

Add-ons..... Manage Add-ons.... Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin.......Text 

It states that this module is disabled, but there seems to be no option to enable it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

Hi James!

This gadget is not available for JIRA Cloud. As indicated in the documentation It is disabled by default because it is a potential security risk, as it can contain arbitrary HTML which could potentially make your JIRA system vulnerable to XSS attacks.

Cheers!
Teilor

Hi Teilor, Thank you very much for this. Do you know of an alternative (free) way to place heading text onto the Dashboard? I have 3 columns setup, each containing gadgets relating to different parts of our project. I would like to make it clear to users what each column is for. Many thanks, James

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

I believe you can use the Introduction gadget and edit the text to put this information for your users

This only gives me 1 text box. Ideally I'd like 3 different ones one for each column, but it will work well enough. thank you very much for your help Teilor.

Suggest an answer