How to enable the Team (Portfolio) field in basic search?

Alexander Burk August 9, 2017

Hi,

is there a possibility to search for the "Team" field provided by the Portfolio plugin for jira in basic search?

If I click on "More" and select the Team field, an error occurs: "Team is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type".

Some posts on the error message suggest to select a project and issue type that own the field. But even when I select a project and issue type that contain the Team attribute via the assigned scheme, the error still occurs.

What is the cause of the error? Is it because it's a portfolio field?

Thank you in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Hello Alex,

Try in advance search -

"Team" = "<team-name>"

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Please see here for more details - 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver024/showing-portfolio-custom-fields-in-jira-software-934716200.html

How to use JQL search with custom fields
You can use the JQL search to find the 'parent link' and 'team' custom fields in JIRA.
Go to Issues (in header) > Search for issues.
Click Advanced.
To search for issues using the 'parent link' field:
If you're searching for the child issues of a parent issue, type "Parent Link" = EX-000.
If you're searching for the child issues of multiple parent links, type "Parent Link" in (EX-000, EX-001,EX-002, EX-003).
To search for issues using the 'team' field:
If you're searching for issues assigned to a specific team, type Team ="shared team name".
If you're searching for issues assigned to any set of teams, type Team in ("Shared team 1", "Shared team 2", "Shared team 3").

Alexander Burk August 9, 2017

Hi Tarun,

thanks for your answer.

I know that the field is available in JQL/Advanced search, the question was if it's possible to do it in Basic search..

Tarun Sapra August 9, 2017

Well the official docs say to use the advance search option, so I guess it's currently not supported in the Basic search.

Alexander Burk August 11, 2017

Okay, thank you

NAYANA May 29, 2020

Is it(Team) available for gadgets on the Dashboard?

1 vote
Jeff Davis January 25, 2023

Is there a way to request Atlassian look into making Team a field available on Basic search? Newer users are going to be overwhelmed by JQL and when you're operating at scale, your project could encompass many, many different teams. People who aren't the least bit technical could very well bristle at the need to learn how to write those queries. I know my government product owners are not happy about it. For now, I will build dashboards for my POs that show team-specific information. 

Suggest an answer