How to enable ctrl+v option to add screenshot in ticket?

NehaNagori June 20, 2017

I wanted to use ctrl+v instead of uploading the screenshot. Kindly Help.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Hi Neha,

ctrl + v works fine for us. You don't have to enable this, as far as I know.

NehaNagori June 20, 2017

Can you please share the steps that how you attach the screenshot?

I am using JIRA 6.1.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Ah, this is the problem. I am using Jira 7.

With Jira 6, there was an applet for adding screenshots and CTRL+V didn't work, as far as I remember.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2017

To add to Thomas's answer, I remember the "Attach Screenshot" functionality working on JIRA 6.4, but it did not work in Internet Explorer. We were able to use the CTRL + V hotkeys in Chrome, though.

I would test it again to confirm, but we are on JIRA 7.3 now and I don't have a 6.4 instance to try it again, unfortunately.

Tony Gozdz August 14, 2017

When I open a new ticket, I can include a screenshot and save the entry, but the Ctrl-V image pasting doesn't work in the Edit mode of a reopened ticket.

People have been reporting this issue for over a year, and it has not yet been fixed.   Is there hope?

Suggest an answer