How to enable anonymous Remote/REST API in Jira

bposner September 25, 2012

I have a plugin which enables a custom field to query back to the Jira Remote/REST API. This works fine when the user creating the Issue with the custom field is authenticated. However, when I enable anonymous Issue creation, the REST calls from the custom field plugin return a 401 (Unauthorized). How do I enable anonymous access to the REST services in Jira?

Browser JS Console shows the following:

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bposner October 11, 2012

I believe that one needs to at @AllowAnonymous annotation to the implementation in order to allow this. It does not seem to be configurable.

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

That is correct and has been introduced in our latest release.

Regards,

Florin.

1 vote
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Hi,

You can try to set the Browse issue permission to group Anyone.

Regards,

Florin.

bposner September 28, 2012

Thank you for that suggestion. I didn't find a Browse Issue permission, but did apply Anyone to the Browse Project permission. Unfortunately, the behavior with regard to this issue was not resolved, although much more System Dashboard was shown to the anonymous users...

Suggest an answer