How to enable SSO login to Jira Service Desk?

Mohamed Thaufeeq March 11, 2017

Hi,

I am impressed with JIRA Service Desk. I have hundreds of users and I have added all those user's email addresses into the application. We already have an employee portal where they can log timesheets, request leaves and all and we planned to use JIRA Service Desk for all kind of IT service requests.

The problem now is multiple log in. Every user will log into employee portal and also to JIRA to raise requests. They feel irritated to log in multiple times.

Is there any option (API) to enable SSO login to JIRA?

Many thanks in advance,

2 answers

2 votes
Michael Radeka September 30, 2020

Is there any updates on this.   Seems crazy to be paying for SSO when other products such as Tableau and ArcGIS Online don't charge....

2 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2017

If you have the Cloud service you can read about some options here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/saml-single-sign-on-873871238.html

Br, Niclas

Paulo Roque February 28, 2018

The link above is not working. 

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2018

Yeah it seems like it is changed by Atlassian. Google tells me https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/saml-single-sign-on-943953302.html

Jens March 22, 2018

Identity Manager looks great, but to be honest the pricing is crazy.

I'm setting a small service desk team of five people and the yearly cost of that is 1200 USD. All good.

If I want to enable SAML so I can have centralized control of who has access to my service desk and knowledge base, I must pay 6000 USD per year for Identity Manager. I know it is currently free, but that will end when Identity Manager goes GA and the price is listed at 3 USD per user per year.

The price model for Jira Service Desk is per agent - adding a requirement of an extra license for all users (agents and end users) completely breaks the price model.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer