How to enable Jira private mode?

Hi!

As I know the private mode switch should be somewhere in "System" \ "General Configuration", but I cannot find it. (I'd like to disable the anonymous access for my whole instance.)

Thank you any help in advance

3 answers

1 vote

Hi Mark,
I believe what you're looking for is in the general settings under mode. More information can be found on this setting in the following article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

Hi David, Yes, exactly this is what I'm looking for, but there is no "Mode" on the "General Configuration" page. (sorry, I accidentally attached the screenshot as an answer)

Hi David,

Yes, exactly this is what I'm looking for, but there is no "Mode" on the "General Configuration" page.

no-mode.jpg

Hey Mark, were you able to locate the Mode option? I am unable to see the Mode under JIRA General configuration. I have the admin/site admin access.

Hi! No, I didn't. If I remember correctly the problem was solved in the Global Permissions menu, where I used the "anyone" group on some places previously.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

212 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you