How to embed process documentation to jira workflow

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Hi,

As a developer I want to have a short way to the deocumentation of the dev process.

Like a link in Jira from the issue workflow view.

Is there a solution for this? What are best ways?

Regards,

Dirk

3 answers

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2014

In case you are still interested @Dirk Bromberg, you could try this:

1. Add a URL custom field to the relevant field configuration
  2. Add Post Functions to the transitions in the relevant workflow. Use the Update Custom Field Post Funciton type to set the URL in your custom field to the appropriate documentation URL for the step in the workflow that you are entering. You could do this on the Create transition to add a URL to the field when creating a new issue, or you can just specify a default when you set up the custom field.
0 votes
Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2014

No, that's not the problem. It's not about creating a documentation by side of the dev.

I want a short way to the documentation which describes the process of development.

So a new employee can click a link from jira to a confluence page and see what he should do in this process step.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

I think what you could do is to create a subtask for the dev issue that is used to track the documentation process. You can then set a validator that says that the dev task cannot be transition untill the documentation task is resolved.

Suggest an answer