How to email all proejct leads in Jira?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

How to email all proejct leads in Jira?

The administrator email option from jira does not have an option to email by project lead role.

How can I send notifications to all leads?

I do have about 100 projects, so manual work is not quite an answer.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2012

I'm afraid manual work is the answer, as you say, it doesn't have the project-lead option.

I'd be tempted to scrape the list-of-projects screen for the names, then add them to a group.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

I dis something close to that: I just emailed all the project administrators instead. More people but it should also cover the leads too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2012

That was another good option - I generally assume that project admins might need to know stuff (especially if the nominated lead is on holiday!)

j January 28, 2016

I did't want to do this manually and don't want to bother with looking through the Plugins so I put something easy together. Just put this code in the Chrome console when you are viewing the Project list and it will give you some emails.

var htmlList = $x('//*[@id="project-list"]/tbody/tr/td[5]/a/@href');
function printAllProjectLeads(array){
var list = [];
var email = "@gmail.com";
function log(e, i, a){
var name = e.value.split("=")[1] + email;
if(name != "JIRA.Unassigned" && list.indexOf(name) == -1)
list.push(name);
}
array.forEach(log);
document.write(list);
}
printAllProjectLeads(htmlList);

j January 28, 2016

If you don't have access to the admin list view you can use:

var htmlList = $x('//*[@id="content"]/div/div/section/div/div/div[2]/div/table/tbody/tr/td[4]/a/@href');

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

Which JIRA do you use ? JIRA 4.4.1 and above has the option to send mails to 'Project Role'.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

Understand, but we handle such situations by having a project role 'Project Lead'.

Whenever we create new project the lead will be added to this role. Hope this works for you too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

Instead of, or as well as the project lead? Seems like unneccessary work to me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

Project Lead is not a 'project role', hence Sorin's question!

Suggest an answer