How to email all proejct leads in Jira?

How to email all proejct leads in Jira?

The administrator email option from jira does not have an option to email by project lead role.

How can I send notifications to all leads?

I do have about 100 projects, so manual work is not quite an answer.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm afraid manual work is the answer, as you say, it doesn't have the project-lead option.

I'd be tempted to scrape the list-of-projects screen for the names, then add them to a group.

I dis something close to that: I just emailed all the project administrators instead. More people but it should also cover the leads too.

That was another good option - I generally assume that project admins might need to know stuff (especially if the nominated lead is on holiday!)

I did't want to do this manually and don't want to bother with looking through the Plugins so I put something easy together. Just put this code in the Chrome console when you are viewing the Project list and it will give you some emails.

var htmlList = $x('//*[@id="project-list"]/tbody/tr/td[5]/a/@href');
function printAllProjectLeads(array){
var list = [];
var email = "@gmail.com";
function log(e, i, a){
var name = e.value.split("=")[1] + email;
if(name != "JIRA.Unassigned" && list.indexOf(name) == -1)
list.push(name);
}
array.forEach(log);
document.write(list);
}
printAllProjectLeads(htmlList);

If you don't have access to the admin list view you can use:

var htmlList = $x('//*[@id="content"]/div/div/section/div/div/div[2]/div/table/tbody/tr/td[4]/a/@href');

This widget could not be displayed.

Which JIRA do you use ? JIRA 4.4.1 and above has the option to send mails to 'Project Role'.

Understand, but we handle such situations by having a project role 'Project Lead'.

Whenever we create new project the lead will be added to this role. Hope this works for you too.

Instead of, or as well as the project lead? Seems like unneccessary work to me.

Project Lead is not a 'project role', hence Sorin's question!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

266 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you