How to edit "Component" in JIRA using REST API

abhishek Pandey April 8, 2015

Hi ,

I am creating ISSUE from my C# application , but i am not able to fill field "Component" using application .

JSON request is follows ...

data = @"{""fields"":{""project"":{""key"":""LHNEWCOPY""},""summary"":""-HPQC-JIRA-_N/A-test by sapient"",""issuetype"":{""id"":""1""},""versions"":[{""name"":""0815""}],
""description"":""test by sapient"",""priority"":{""name"":""Cosmetic""},""assignee"":{""name"":""lhnew_sapient_generic_user""},""customfield_11070"":""7478"",
""labels"":[""Sapient""],""customfield_10670"":""LH"",""component"":{""id"":""12408""}}}";

I am getting following error ...

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"component":"Field 'component' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

2 answers

0 votes
abhishek Pandey April 8, 2015

HI ,

thank you for the reply .

Issue is sorted now .

i replaced "Component" with "components" and it worked fine .

Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2015

No problem. If this answered your question, you can accept it and other users will know that this question is answered. Kind regards, Jaime Kirch da Silveira Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Hi, there.

It seems to be saying that the component field is not in the Create Issue operation for that issue type in the project.

Check the projects configuration and see which Screen Scheme is associated to the issue type of this issue. If the screen associated to the 'Create Issue' operation doesn't contain the 'Component/s' field, adding it should fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer