How to edit issues without loosing JIRA UUID when issues logged from JIRA JMC?

Sky August 3, 2013

Whenever I ask the testers to Log issues from their handsets using JIRA JMC(mobile connect), there is a unique UUID associated with the issue which helps in replying back to the device.

Whenever I edit the issue in JIRA project through web portal, say categorize it as per priority, I loose the UUID (since UUID is not shown in web portal/ website because of security and other issues, i read it is a hidden field) and hence can't be manually entered.

So my question is how should I edit such issues in the project from web portal so that the link is not broken?

I see that once i edit the issue, UUID is deleted by itself and we can't edit since ot is hidden, and the comments are not posted back to the device/tester handset. Till I don't edit issues, comments are posted perfectly.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sky August 17, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion Jason. I tried the approach but reposting using API doesn't help as still the links for previous edit are deleted. Plus it makes even more confusion in case of Android devices for end testers. It's like every time you edit, you are creating a duplicate.

I guess the best way was to make a single duplicate for tracking/edit as a parallel and let the original conversation be as is.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2013

This sounds like a catch 22 situation. If the field needs to remain as hidden, then the only suggestion I can think of would be to try using the RESP API to repost again to get the UUID back. Not sure if that will work but wanted to mention it as a possible workaround.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer