How to do get just list of all unreleased versions for my project with the start date and end date ?

Amby Nair September 25, 2017

I am trying to create a custom JQL to get a list of all unreleased versions for a given project along with the start and end date.

fixversion name | start date | end date | Project |

Is this possible in JQL

4 answers

2 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

Amby, you can always view the release/version information within your JIRA project by clicking the Releases link on the left navigation bar.  Not JQL but the information is there.

That is convenient only when I have one or two project to look at. I was trying to set a filter for versions for my 7 projects.

There should be convenient way to look at all versions these seven projects are working on.

Like # people like this
1 vote
NightEagle April 26, 2018

In JQL it's impossible. But you can do it in Java and pass versions list to your report by velocity params

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2018

@Amby Nair I had the same idea to show tasks from unreleased versions on my dashboard. I've found an advanced function that could retrieve unreleased versions: unreleasedVersions()

It is available in Jira Software for both Cloud and Server, here is a link to documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-unreleasedVersionsunreleasedVersions()

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

This is not possible. JQL returns "ISSUES" and issue details. It does NOT return "versions" and version details.

Is there alternate way to to to get custom report like that ?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

Not out of the box: You could easily use the REST API to capture these details though, if scripting is an option.

Suggest an answer