How to do Bulk update for Issue Dependency ?

Eugeniu Zincovschi May 30, 2017

Hi,

I was trying to generate a Traceability report using Zephyr Plugin , By Epics , and found out   the report doesn't contain any tests.

Please note, i have mapped All tests with Epic - by adding Epic Link for each test.

Then i found  The tests will appear in Traceability report,  only if i add  Issue Dependency. 

Now the question is - how can i do a bulk update for  Tests and  add Issue Dependency ?  I can do this manually for each test, but cannot find how to do it via Bulk update.

Thanks,

Eugen

2 answers

0 votes
Arun Ravindran June 5, 2017

Thanks VIncent for your answer on this

Hi Eugeniu

On the lines of what Vincent suggested please navigate to "Tests" ->"Search Tests" and use the Bulk change option from the top right corner to edit the selected one's epic link

For any further queries or issues in future please raise a ticket with our Zephyr Support system by signing up to our support site "https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us" and use the option "Submit a Case" 

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

0 votes
Vincent Lyon May 30, 2017

Hi Eugeniu

I don't know Zephyr Plugin, so I'll just assume that Issue Dependency can be modified just like the Epic link.

In Plan mode, select the issues (hold ctrl to select the ones you want to modify) then right click on one and select the bulk option (I don't know how it is called in english, since my company installed french version of JIRA).

Then "modify" --> Next

Select your Dependency --> Next

Confirm.

As I said, this works only if Issue Dependency is a field that can be modified (like Epic link).

Regards,

Vincent

Suggest an answer