Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to do Bulk changes in Jira issue

Change the status to "cancelled"

Add comments " xyz".

Clear the following fields "start date" & "due date"

&  "Solution target PI" & "Team".

Delete all links of this issues

Kindly suggest the answer for above query.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @maktum husain

welcome to the community!

if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, all except deleting issue links (which is planned for the future) can be achieved very easily in JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. You can also bulk-edit your fields via copy/paste (just like in Excel or Google Sheets), or bulk-clear the field values. This works for all the fields that you mentioned except issue links.

This is how it looks in action:

bulk-assign.gif

You can bulk-edit or clear up to 10000 issues in one go, so you should be done with your work in no time. (Disclaimer: I work on JXL :)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

I have done the required changes in bulk ..created filted and selected all required 80 issue ..using bulk change options.i have changed status from identified to cancelled..and added the comments for all 80 issue.. then I run the automation rule once to unlink the links for all 80 issues . It works..

1 vote
Answer accepted

You could do this with an Automation Rule.

How many issues do you need to change? There are limits to how many issues will be processed by an Automation Rule. You might have to run the rule multiple times.

You could also do some of this through multiple uses of the Bulk Change function - the Edit operation and the Transition operation - but you can't change issue links through Bulk Change.

Suggest an answer