How to distribute incidents over multiple backlogs?

Hi,

I work for a company where we have several scrum teams with own backlogs. Each team develops a different part of the infrastructure and they are also responsible for incidents on those parts. Now when our users create incidents we want a way to make them show up on the backlog of those teams. Is there a better way then to do this then for example adding a custom field "resolving team" and make the backlogs filter on that?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If you can identify those areas by Component, you can build out the JQL for each team's board to include issues with their specific components. Those logging incidents would have to assign the component. You may also want a dashboard that shows incidents without components as they will need to be triaged before they show up on the team boards with component-specific filters.

Our scrumteams are still starting up, the components haven't been divided that sharp to know. So that's unfortunately not an option now, but something we strive for in the future. The dashboard is a solid idea though, thanks!

This widget could not be displayed.

To do this, you need a method to identify which issues need to be included in a board and use it in the JQL filter for the board.

I don't think there's a way to do it quite so arbitrarily - there has to be something you can filter on, and as a JIRA issue is essentially a collection of fields and information about it, it has to be something in there, and it's only logical that is is a field (unless you can come up with some other rule that works off existing information - project, issue type etc).

You might have some success with labels instead of a drop-down custom field, but I don't think there's another approach.

Thanks Nic, that's what i was thinking.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you