How to display workflow drop down menu in issue view screen?

Takdir Chowdhury September 4, 2015

Hi

I've created a custom workflow of 9 steps.

Issue view screen displays the status button and transitions work fine when click the status button. However, workflow drop down menu doesn't show up in the Issue view screen. Is additional configuration required to display the workflow drop down menu?

2 answers

0 votes

myJIRAworkflow.png

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

Hi Takdir,

By Default if you have more than 2 transitions in your workflow then the 3rd one will display in Workflow Drop Down Menu. For Example for step OPEN --> Start Progress, Reject Issue, Close Issue so here Close Issue will be automatically displayed in Workflow Drop Down Menu.

Taha 

Thanks Taha for looking into my problem. I've attached the workflow diagram. As you can see DEV-WIP status has 3 transitions (DEV-WIP--> PLAN, DEV-DONE, DEV-BLOCKED) . These three status buttons are displayed on screen but Workflow drop down menu doesn't show up.

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

It might be possible for cloud instance default value is 3, you can try adding additional 1 or 2 transition to check if Workflow Dropdown Menu will appear.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2015

The default is 2, but Support will change it if you ask.

Suggest an answer