How to display the status in the ticket list?

Jens Theisen October 11, 2017

The project's issue list (the one with the magnifying glass icon) shows issues with name and key.

Can I add more information there, in particular the status?

1 answer

1 vote
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Jens

You can click on the columns drop down menu in order to display additional fields (refer screenshot below):

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 17.49.14.png

Hope it helps! :)

Cheers!

Luciano Fagundes

Jens Theisen October 13, 2017

I think you're referring to the global tickets search.

I'm asking about the project-specific tickets lists, the one with the magnifying glass as the icon.

Or, alternatively, the details view of the global tickets search - which appears to have the same layout.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2017

Hi Jens,

The project issue list that I believe you are referring to, does not have a means to show other fields like status in that view.

However, Luciano is referring to the global search, which you can easily get to from the project issue page if you click the link in the top right of the page called "View all issue and filters".   From there, the global search has two different views available to it:  Detail View and List view.

views.png

The detail view looks almost identical to the project issue list.  But the List view offers you the ability to customize the columns in the manner that Luciano referred to, where you can add the status field to this view.

Does this help?  Please let us know.

Regards,
Andy

Like Lilly Colson likes this
Ray Dogum December 5, 2017

Andy,

I think Jens is asking:

In Detailed View, can there be a new feature that includes the colored Status of the issue in the left side list? This way you don't need to click on the issue to check the status. You can browse through your list and click on ones you need to see details on, based on their status usually but not always.

That would really help out my organization too. Is there a product enhancement like this already?

Thanks,

Ray

Like Tom Golden likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
December 5, 2017

@Ray DogumTo the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to do that specifically with Jira natively. But there are plugins that can show colors that reflect custom rule schemes, such as Colors for Jira.

Ray Dogum December 6, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. If it does become a native feature in the future or there's a product enhancement request for this, please do let me know.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer