How to display only certain types of linked issue in search result

Pinaki Basu May 15, 2014

Hi

When I am displaying links in the result of a search filter, JIRA displays all the links. I want to control the type of link JIRA displays. We have two links relation "relates to" and "tested by". In the result of a search filter, I want to display only the "tested by" links. Is there any way I can control which links I can displace. I would like to know if there are any plugins available in the Marketplace.

Cheers

5 answers

0 votes
MC January 24, 2021

For sure is late for Pinaki Basu, but I just want to add the correct answer so people don't have to look further in other questions.

If you want to: "We have two links relation "relates to" and "tested by". In the result of a search filter, I want to display only the "tested by" links." 

Simply add to your query:

AND issueLinkType = "tested by"

Cheers.

0 votes
Luc Leblanc May 7, 2020

Hi, same challenge for a lot of people here !

To filter issues base on the link, I use this JQL : issue in linkedIssues('key isse','has to be done after')

But I did not find a way to display the "name" of the link in a query.

CécileV May 20, 2021

I have the same need: in the query result, I'd like to display the issuelink type, not only the issues that are linked.

Any clue on how to proceed?

0 votes
Artem Astapov March 27, 2019

The first thing i wanted after link column has been used is DO NOT show all linked issues, but show only specific.

ashleysutcliffe May 21, 2019

We have the same issue - we use specific link types but cannot only show the relevant linked tickets in a dashboard, which makes reviewing tickets for a specific purpose very difficult as tickets are often multiply linked.

0 votes
Ewa Boloczko March 15, 2018

Hi @Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_, I wanted to make it life again....my users are asking for that too. I's like 4 years later, so maybe there are some options now? 

Thanks, Ewa

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Hey,

maybe you want to have a look at Jamie's script runner plugin which extends the JIRA JQL search:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-hasLinkType(linktypename)

Cheers

Pinaki Basu May 22, 2014

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I can search based on the linktypes. The problem is when any JIRA issue is linked to different links with different link types. At the moment I want to display only certain type of link. So if any issue has three different linktypes, I want to display only one link types.

Suggest an answer