How to display my transition field on the issue view?

Rambo April 27, 2016

Hie everybody,

Technical Problem :

Field (My customfield) -> Screen (Create issue) : The field is displayed in the issue view.

Field (My customfield) -> Screen (Transition issue (used in the workflow)) : The field isn't displayed in the issue view.

Context : I create an issue and make 3 transitions. Each time, I need to fill an information which could be displayed on the issue. The information field can't be fillable before the transition. So I can't put them in the create issue saying "do not fill the field yet".

Control points :

• My screens are well linked with the field
  • Some website talks about an "issue view screen" in JIRA AGILE (which I havn't). I don't have such configuration "issue view screen" in my JIRA Project Management Software(v6.3.7).
I hope to have been clear. Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

Look at the "issue type screen scheme" for the project.  It lists the three screens (which can be shared) for Create, Edit and View.  You need separate screens for Create and View - I'd copy the screen you're currently using for create, and add your field to the new screen and associate that screen with "view"

Rambo April 27, 2016

It works !!! Thanks for this quick and good answer !!

Suggest an answer