How to display full user name instead of ID in user picker?

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

How to display full user name instead of ID in user picker?

Any suggestions?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

I doubt this is possible without changing the code.

It displays what is stored in the database (JIRAISSUE respectively COSTUMFIELDVALUES which is the ID) only when you search (pick) a user the application looks in CWD_USER where user name and email is stored.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

But in view screen, Full user name is displayed.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

you're right under the people section the user names are displayed. Even the standard user picker (Reporter /assignee) have in Edit Screen the names displayed but not cutomfields user picker.

I haven't seen a way to change that behavior for customfield user picker.

2 votes
Peter Runcie July 2, 2013

I also have this problem and its confusing to users. I expected that onscreen behaviuor of custom user picker fields would be the same as standard user picker fields such as Assignee and Reporter.

1 vote
Darius August 28, 2019

Hi All,

This happens for me only in a particular project while updating the comments section.

when I try to mention a group in the comment section it uses only the ID but not the group name.

eg, if there is a group created as atlassiansupport[L2-ops], while mentioning in the comment as @atlassiansupport it picks the ID as L2-ops rather than showing as atlassiansupport.

This happens only to a specific project. Suggestions please where do I miss.

0 votes
Matt Taylor May 26, 2016

no response atlassian?

Suggest an answer