How to display fields from parent and subtask/link?

Jarrett LaBarge August 4, 2017

Is there a way or a plugin available that will allow the issue navigator to display of fields from both the subtask/link and it's parent issue?  For example, given a list of issues from a filter, is there a way to display the following columns:

• subtask.id
  • subtask.summary
  • subtask.assignee
  • subtask.customField
  • parent.id
  • parent.assignee
  • parent.customField

The filter is not the issue here, I can get the results I want, this is simply a display issue in the issue navigator.  I would like to view the filter results with the issue navigator displaying data from both the subtask and the parent.

I can use a plugin like the Better Excel Plugin to export the issues to Excel with the desired information, but this is cumbersome if I just want to look at the results and we are always tweaking the columns we want to display.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

Scripted fields is the best option, there are several add-ons that can do that.

Jarrett LaBarge January 19, 2018

Scripted Fields solved my problem thanks!

1 vote
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Also Parent Issue Field customfield in Enhancer Plugin (JEP) can be used.

It displays the field as the original one's view, for instance it shows lozenge if you define "Parent Status".

Suggest an answer