How to display custom field value as link on the View Issue screen?

Ganga_Selvarajah January 29, 2013

Hi,

I have a custom field. It is a “Text Field < 255 characters”. I would like to show this field value as link on the View Issue screen.

For an example. If I enter value “fred”. The value “fred” should be show as a link.

Is it possible? If so, please provide some information..

Cheers

Ganga S

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

If you do not have a choice to change the field type, then use a scripted field which based on the value of this field. See an example at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/122106/difference-between-epic-theme-fields-and-new-epic-functionality

Hi Renjith,

Thanks for the quick respone and suggestion. I will try Jobin approach first... and let you know, if this approach resolve my need.

Cheers

Ganga S

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

It is not possible. An option is to modify the templates but you will have to add conditions to check specific custom fields or restrict it to selected projects. A more elegant approach will be to write a new custom field type.

URL field will work but the link should be a valid url.

Hi Jobin,

Firstly: Thanks for the quick respone.

I would like modifying the templates. Only one field, that field is availabe to all the proejcts in the system.

Could you please give me the code and template name for me to tryout on the test environment.

Write a new custom field! Is it required any java code? Could you please provide some info or steps for creating a custom field......

Thanks

Ganga S

Ganga_Selvarajah January 31, 2013

Any updates?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Suggest an answer