How to display a git (stash) branch on the jira ticket development panel

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

Say I have a story JIRA-123, for it I create a branch using the Create Branch link, entering JIRA-123-feature, which shows up on branch on JIRA-123 development panel.

Now I have a bug against my feature, JIRA-456, to which I'm going to use branch JIRA-123-feature to resolve it. I can't use Create Branch on JIRA-456, since JIRA-123-feature already exists (created using JIRA-123).

My question is: how can I make JIRA-123-feature be displayed in branch on JIRA-456 development panel?

I tried git commit -m "JIRA-456"; git push origin JIRA-123-feature but this only makes the commit show up in commits on the development panel: JIRA-123-feature is not displayed in branch

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

The branch shows up only when the branch name has the key in it.

You can probably try naming the branch with 2 issue keys but I have never tried it. Not sure if it will work or not.

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Thanks Jobin, but how can I name the branch with 2 (or more) issue keys, when I don't know if there will ever be any second or more issues, and which jira keys they will have. And renaming the branch afterwards is not going to fly with development...

Suggest an answer