How to disable post function when migrating projects from once instance to another instance.

Lakshmi S October 9, 2019

Hello Everyone,

As part of the migration, we are importing the projects from Cloud to server(hosted on AWS) instance. While we testing the tickets after import ,  observed that all imported  tickets are assigned to same assignee, who are the automatic assignee in workflow post function.

I found below article from our Atlassian documentation, this make sense, but i didn't see any disable option in workflow post function.  Could anyone please suggest me how to overcome this problem on production instance ? And as per the Atlassian guidelines, we have to create workflows manually on target instance instead of exporting and importing, but our worklfows are big and have lot of transitions to design.

"When importing a project, the Create Issue transition and the Issue Created event will be triggered for each issue along with all corresponding postfunction. If you change the Create Issue transition after the import (for example, setting one of the create issue field values), you may get values that are different from those in the source. As a workaround, you can manually disable postfunctions during the import. "

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Just remove the auto assign rule for the issue created event. This might be in workflow or automation rule. Don't try to remove the event itself.

I have migrated thousands of issues but didn't use the Atlassian site import. We used csv import with our own scripts. Didn't run into this issue though. 

Suggest an answer