How to disable options in Status dropdown list when working with subtasks

102_Miguel January 6, 2021

Hello, is it possible to disable some options from the status dropdown list when assigning to subtasks? I am attaching a screen of the options I want to disable. In this case I would like to have only the DONE option. 

Thank you in advance for your help

Miguel

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi @102_Miguel ,

Those options are linked to your possible workflow transitions.

So you'll either have to edit your workflow to remove those transitions (In Progress -> To Do) or if you only want to block them for some users/allow them for some you can also set a Validator on the workflow transition.

Most likely it is currently set to allow all transitions.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/work-with-issue-workflows/

Thank you Mr. Ronsmans.

Is it possible to edit workflow only for subtasks ?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Absolutely!

JIRA has a few levels of configuration. (a bit simplified but you should get the gist of it)

You initially start with

• a Project
    • Workflow Scheme (which you link to the project)
      • Workflow (which you link to a specific (or multiple) issue types of your project)

You can link an issue type (in this case being subtask) to a specific workflow in the workflow scheme associated with your project.

If this workflow scheme/this workflow is used by multiple projects it might be best to copy the flow (and/or) the scheme itself so you dont' change anything that will impact another project.

This will the allow you to only adapt the workflow for the subtask issue type of that project.

Like 102_Miguel likes this

Thank you, I will follow your suggestions.

At first try I got the message attached

image.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Seems you are working on a Next_Gen project? That is a bit different yeah..

Yes, it's a Next-Gen Project

Suggest an answer