How to disable notifications for own changes when watching issue with JIRA Component Watcher?

Aaron Carlson August 6, 2014

When I am watching a ticket in JIRA, I don't get an email for my own changes. However, when I am watching a ticket due to JIRA component watcher, an email is generated for every change made by myself. Which means lots and lots of useless emails I have to delete.

Is there any way to disable this?

2 answers

1 vote
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2014

Hi, Aaron.

There is already an aswered question for this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/52111/how-can-i-configure-my-notification-settings-so-that-people-aren-t-notified-by-their-own-actions

You can basically do this in your profile, searching for Preferences >> My changes or at system level.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards.

Aaron Carlson August 7, 2014

I don't receive notifications for my changes to watched items, this is already configured properly. However, I do get notifications for my changes to every item watched via the JIRA Component watcher plugin.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

You can take yourself off the watch list on each ticket that you don't wish to have emails about.

Or look at the way the notification scheme for the project is setup. You may want to review the settings there. You can reduce the amount of emails by removing some of the issue changes that trigger a notification.

Aaron Carlson August 7, 2014

My question has to do specifically with the JIRA Component Watcher plugin. I don't get notifications for my own changes normally, but I do when I am watching a ticket via the component watcher plugin.

Suggest an answer