How to disable mod_disk_cache in Jira

Bahar Çağlar September 12, 2012

I need to disable mod_disk_cache. How can I do this from jira tomcat?

Please Help

Thanks for answers

2 answers

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hi,

Assuming that you have access to apache server, you need to check the apache.conf file, and comment the line where the modiule is loaded if you want to disable the module from apache completly.

Look for this on apache.conf file:

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so

This line should be commented with # and if the module is configured as apache documentation, there will probably be some lines where the module is loaded for each virtual host. These lines should also be commented.

If you want to disable this only for jira host the following line should be on apache:

CacheEnable http://jira_url

Just change it to:

CacheDisable http://jira_url

Then restart Apache service to load the new configuration.

Please give it a try and let's know how it goes.

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2012

Er, without more detail, I can't help but assume you're referring to the Apache web server module which is nothing to do with Jira or the application server it's running under (e.g Tomcat)

Could you explain what your setup is and maybe why you want to disable this (rather useful Apache) function?

ok. How can I change the apache config?

Jira application server is on Windows. I need to disable it because of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Session+Abort+Errors+or+Users+Log+in+as+Incorrect+User+due+to+Apache.

I am wrong? Jira has own tomcat. I need to configure jira' s tomcat settings or I need to configure IIS settings because it is on windows server. It is complicated. What is the solution?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2012

You're missing the point. It is not a Jira function. It is not a Tomcat function. It is an Apache function. It is not an IIS function.

You need to work through your Apache config.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2012

Depends on where you configured it to keep the configuration.

We can't really help you with this much - it's your installation and your setup, and we don't know how you configured it.

Did you inherit this system from someone else?

Bahar Çağlar September 13, 2012

I have a Jira installed on windows and I need to disable mod_disk_cache. That's simple. Which file I need to edit?

Suggest an answer