How to disable/hide "Create Kanban Board" option in JIRA Agile?

Datta Borude July 6, 2014

The current out of box JIRA Agile is not able to restrict user to create a specific type of board.

#JIRA Agile.

Thank you,

Datta Borude

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hi Datta,

By default we cannot disable the Kanban action. But if your target is to avoid users of seeing this option, maybe you should create a Java Script to hide it.

The Java Script can be placed on the Announcement Banner and to create it is important to use firebug or chrome inspector to see the elements that you want to hide.

This will not avoid the user to create a kanban by using the URL for this action, but if the idea is to avoid them to create it by mistake, it can be a workaround.

Saurabh Kumar January 8, 2021

@Bruna Griebeler  Can you please provide the java script as we need to disable this in our project ?

2 votes
Datta Borude July 17, 2014

Hi Bruna,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have simply added below code to Annoncement Banner and worked like magic. :)

<style type="text/css">
#ghx-wizard-methodology-kanban { display: none; }
 #ghx-wizard-methodology-kanban-sample { display: none; }
</style>

Thank you,

Datta Borude

Saurabh Kumar January 8, 2021

@Datta I tried the same but i didn't work.. can you suggest, if any other changes to be Done along with this Script 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

I'm not sure there is a question here - you've stated how Jira Agile works. Is there a question?

Datta Borude July 6, 2014

s it possible to turn off the Kanban board feature in JIRA? We don’t want people starting Kanban. It’s not an approved lifecycle model in our organization.

Reference: JSP-197462

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

We can't see your support issues, we're end users

I think you can shut Kanban off completely, but I have not tested this in anger - go to manage addons, find Jira agile, open it up and disable the two modules with Kanban in their name.

This kills it completely - none of your users will have access.

Suggest an answer