How to disable filter on subtask in Backlog details panel?

Nicolas MORENO August 30, 2017

Hello,

After configuring workflow to automaticaly create subtask when creating User Story, I have a problem with filters in my project board.

When I click on a User Story in the Board (Backlog), the right panel (details) inform me than all sub task are filtered.

The message is : "4 sub-tasks are being filtered by the board's Saved Filter"

And I don't edited the board's filter and it's look like the other projects.

But if I change workflow, this problem dispears. So the new workflow is the probleme but how can I configure that ?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english).

N. MORENO

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

You'll need to look at the board filter and the two workflows.

Your "automatically create subtask" is creating sub-tasks that the board filter does not include.

If, for example, you had a filter that was something like "Project = ABC and status != backlog", and your workflow for subtasks started with status Backlog, then that would explain it - it is creating issues the filter cannot see.  (And I'd guess the other workflow creates them in status "new", so the filter picks them up)

Nicolas MORENO August 30, 2017

Thanks for your answer.

My filter is by default, I don't edit it. There is the filter: "project = TSNMO ORDER BY Classement ASC". Like you see, I don't add any creteria.

Moreover, when I change the workflow by the Jira default one, my tasks isn't fltered and I can see them in details panel.

So I think the problem come from the new workflow system by I don't know where is the problem...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

Ok, that's a nice clear simple filter.  So, the next questions:

When you are using the default workflow, do you mean for the main issues (which won't create subtasks), or for the sub-tasks themselves?

Does your board have any unmapped status in the "column configuration"?

When using your new workflow, can you try re-indexing the project and see if the sub-tasks appear

Do you have any "quick filters" defined in the board?  If you do, can you check they are all "off", so they're not hiding anything?

Nicolas MORENO August 31, 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. I set the workflow to a worflow system and this one to the project. I copy the workflow from one generated by Jira and and just an auto create subtask when creating an User Story or a bug. For the workflow system, I create a new one.

I delete the workflow system but yes, I think I have some unmapped status in the "column configuration".

Well, now it's working. I remove the worflows system and copy an existing one and it's work like that. Maybe an option disable by default when we create a workflow system?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2017

I'm afraid I don't understand that.

My question was trying to establish the symptoms you see when you are using the various workflows you have mentioned. 

However, I would like to rule out the "unmapped status" - can you put *all* status into columns and then check if you still have 4 missing subtasks?

Nicolas MORENO August 31, 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry but I delete the defective workflow system, that's why I cannot take a look at this. But if I well remember, I had some "unmapped status" into project's column configuration!

That's why all my subtasks was filtered, according to you ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2017

Possibly.  I can't tell without the information about the symptoms I asked for before.

Suggest an answer