How to disable create user button

Wim October 8, 2014

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to disable or hide the create user button in Jira. I want to do this to evitate that users themselves can create or add users in JIRA, since we work with usermanagement via Active Directory.

Thanks

Wim

4 answers

0 votes
Wim October 8, 2014

And how do i change the administrative privileges for the group administrators?

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Sorry, I see I was a bit unclear on that. Only give administrative privileges to the people that actually administer your JIRA instance. That should not be a lot of people, especially not everyone using it. You hand out administrative privileges by putting people in the jira-administrators group. So make sure that only a handful people are in that group. If a user is not in that group, then the user cannot create users.

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Hi,

First of all, as already pointed out to you in answer to your previous question, creating users requires administrative privileges and you should not hand out these privileges to ordinary users. So you could solve your problem by limiting the number of people that have administrative privileges.

If you would like to create users only via Active Directory and not via JIRA, make sure that JIRA has read-only access to the Active Directory and that there are no other user directories configured to add users to.

Regards,

Geert

0 votes
Wim October 8, 2014

@Joseph Pitt The mode is already set to Private smile

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2014

Have you tried setting the Mode to Private?

Suggest an answer