How to disable com.atlassian.jira.darkfeature.CommonHeader

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

hi.

in just installed new 6.0.

now my header is completely messed up..

i enabled com.atlassian.jira.darkfeature.CommonHeader in jira 5.x and after installing 6.0 it looks terrible.

i want to revert the dark feature from previous install. where can i do so?

the key "jira.enabled.dark.features" is empty but i got no clue why the header is broken

3 answers

0 votes
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

JIRA 6 now got the new look and feel feature, the design is very different from JIRA 5.x.

See the release note:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+6.0+Release+Notes

If you using the dark feature in JIRA 5.x, I believe you add the propery:

com.atlassian.jira.darkfeature.CommonHeader

into your Advanced settings. Try to delete it from Administration » System » General Configuration » Advanced Settings and see it it hleps.

Or maybe give it a try to delete the dark feature in JIRA 5 first, then do upgrade again.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

thanks for the comment. i already did this befor...

the problem was that the header was totally damaged after upgrading to 6.0 so my first thought was that maybe activating the commonHeader in 5.2.11 messes up the new design that is shipped in 6.0

it wasn't. even if i disabled the commonHeader it won't help. so the resolution here was...

in Jira 6.0 the file "/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/ui/aui-layout/issue-view.less"

differs completely to previous version.

i have made some modifications to that file to let "Issue Security Vaues" appear bold and red in issue view...that worked with any other earlier version of JIRA

so during the upgrade process this file was put in "5.2.11-modifications.txt" like all other configurationfiles and images that we ran before...so copying all previous modifcations into JIRA 6.0 installation dir was my mistake.

i just copied issue-view.less (contains #security-val .note by default now) from a fresh 6.0 into the damaged instance fixed my problem

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

even if i disable the header on that url "/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa" it remains set

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

also the dashboar gadgets seem to be messing up...any context i.e. administration Cog will show the menu places behind gadgets...makes it unable to select some entries.. :(

Suggest an answer