How to disable a Jira validator

Sid November 8, 2017

*I am new to JIRA coding -  been a regular user for long and an admin for a short while *

I am in a DEV env writing scripted valdiators for different requirements - is there a way for me temporarily disable a validator without deleting it  completely or changing the code to always return true ? 

Certainly this is a valid (pun!) scenario when still in testing phase ? I am adding new validators and to test it would be easier if I could ignore other errors for now.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017
Hello,
Yes you can make the code always return true. Just insert into the first line of the code the following line:
return true
Sid November 8, 2017

Thats what I DIDN'T want to do don't want to touch other people's code. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

You could copy the current workflow and make changes to the current one.  If you want to restore the old configuration just attach the copy workflow to the issue type. There would be some work to do but you would be sure that you have everything back.

Suggest an answer