How to disable WelcomeToJIRA.jspa in JIRA 6.4

Detlef Steinhäuser [Communardo] April 14, 2015

How can I disable the "Quick Tour of JIRA" for new users?

tour.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Hi Detlef,

The link below provides the steps to disable onboarding on JIRA 6.4.1 and later:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Disable+User+Onboarding+in+JIRA+6.4

Cheers,

Danilo

Detlef Steinhäuser [Communardo] April 16, 2015

Thanks, that works well for me.

As a additional feature, it would be great if a user could skip the onboarding process.

dimapasko April 16, 2015

That's naming ... i suppose 90% google for "Quick tour" or "Welcome Page"

1 vote
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Sorry, my mistake. Try the JIRA Onboarding plugin.

Cheers!
Teilor

Ah! This is the name of the add-on. :-) It's a pity that disabling the add-on or some of the modules will not work.

1 vote

Hi Tailor,

I'm using a server installation (6.4.1).

Yesterday I already tried to disable the “JIRA Welcome Plugin” (1.2.1) — However, new users see the “Quick Tour” and also uploading a avatar.

Cheers, Detlef

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Hi Detlef.

If you are using JIRA Server you can just disable the JIRA Welcome plugin. If you are using a JIRA Cloud instance, you need to contact support to have the plugin disabled.

Cheers!
Teilor

Suggest an answer