How to disable Project Roles drop down while saving the Filters?

jayasingh February 17, 2013

Hi All,

Is it possible to disable the Project Roles drop down while saving the filters.when we save the filters using the Project Roles with "Administrators" and "Users" this filter is visible to all the users in jira.So We need to disable this drop down or we need to fully remove the third column under the " Add Shares " field.

Kindly suggest what need to be done to achieve this.

Thanks,
Jayasingh

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jayasingh February 25, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your reply.

If we remove the project Roles will it affect any funtionality in jira. currently i deleted the Users Role from Administration->Users->Roles. Now i am not able to see the Project Roles as Users in drop down.But i am afraid will it affect any functionality of jira. If i want to add the deleted project roles how to add? I tried to add project roles as users again but it not getting reflect again in Project Roles dropdown values.

Kindly suggest

Thanks,

Jayasingh

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi Jaya,

Apparently, I am not able to confirm the possible issues that may arise due to the customization that you have done. I hope that you tested the customization before applying to your production instance.

Anyway, if you customize the ManageFilters.java file that I pointed earlier, I believe that this will only remove the filter sharing for Project Role option. But if you modified the source to remove the Project Role completely from JIRA (Administration > Users > Roles), I can't verify what other functionalities that may be affected.

But I know that the following configurations depends on project roles:
- Permission Schemes
- Notification Schemes
- Issue Security Schemes
- Workflow Conditions (users in role condition)
- etc

Thanks.

jayasingh February 25, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Please let us know where this particular HTML tags with drop down has been defined . I mean the name of the jsp file which is pointing to this.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

jayasingh March 3, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Thnaks for your suggestion. I have removed the project roles drop down by modifying the .vm file. Now i am not able to see those drop down values.

Cheers,

Jayasingh

0 votes
Sayali Mulay February 26, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Waiting for you reply.

Thanks

0 votes
Sayali Mulay February 26, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Could you please let us know from where we can remove [Users and Administrator ]values from jsp file so that instead of touching jira configuration JIRA (Administration > Users > Roles), we will proceed with Jsp file or class based solution. We have checked many jsp files but not able to find where exactly we need to do change to remove above 2 options. When we are checking page view source of that filter by proving all values w.r. to project option then we are getting following code for project Role.

<select id="projectShare-role" name="roleShare" >
<option value="">All</option>
<optgroup label="Project Roles" id="projectShare-role-group">
<option value="10002">Administrators</option>
<option value="10001">Developers</option>
<option value="10000">Users</option>
</optgroup>
</select>

Could you please let us know in which jsp we will get this so that we can comment that part or we can remove.

Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks

Sayali

0 votes
Sayali Mulay February 20, 2013

Thanks Ahmad,

I will check on this and let you know.

Appriciate your responce.

0 votes

Hi Ahmad,

request you to update on the above query ASAP as we are stuck in this task.

Thanks

0 votes

Hi Ahmad,

request you to share the jsp details where we can remove project role values or we can disable these values.

Thanks

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Hi Sayali,

I run a quick check on JIRA 5.2.x source file, and I believe that the related Java class file will be ManageFilters.java

The file is located in the package com.atlassian.jira.web.action.filter

I hope that this will help!

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2013

Hi Jaya,

Apparently, I am afraid that it may not be possible for us to disable the Project Roles section in the 'Share Filter' option when saving a filter.

Basically from the UI, we can see that when selecting the share category by Project, you are given the control to select the project, and the relevant project roles that you want to share the filter with. This basically allows you to have more control to share filter to other users as needed.

Anyway, I'm sorry to let you know that this behavior may not be configurable.

Cheers!

Sayali Mulay February 19, 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your reply. whatever the functionality is provided in jira is ok from other user point of view who are using Project role functionality,means who are using Project roles to map users in jira.

We are not using Project Role ,insted we are creating gorups and mapping groups with project and permissions.

request you to provide in which jsp page we need to make change so that we will get onlt 1 option in dropdown that is all

Suggest an answer