How to disable IssueType field on Create Issue Screen?

Kate December 27, 2012

Hi,all!

How to disable IssueType field on Create Issue Screen?

I tried to do it using javascript, but this field is too stubborn.

jQuery('#issuetype-single-select input, #issuetype-single-select span').unbind()
jQuery('#issuetype-field').unbind()

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

i think you used javascript and it is not working when you change issue type, what i gusss correct then check the following post

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47843/strange-javascript-problem-in-create-screen

Kate January 8, 2013

oh, I guess it's solution of global problem.

Thanks!!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

is it correct what i guessed? is it helped my answer?

Kate January 8, 2013

Yeah :)

Now I trying to realize it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2012

You can't "disable issue type field". The issue type is mandatory, Jira cannot work without it. If you disable it, you won't be able to create ANY issues, which would make your Jira useless.

I think you need to explain the requirement in more detail, as it's not clear what you really mean.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

It's still not clear, where are these A field and B field placed? Do you mean you have customized the create issue screen itself?

Kate December 27, 2012

oh, no disable,make READ-only I mean

Ok, I have 2 fields:

1. Afield - select list

2. Bfield - userpick, Bfield's value depends on Afield's value, and it's realized using external json service.

It works well, but this service doesn't work when I change issuetype on Create Issue Screen.

That's why I decided to make this field readonly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2012

Ok, but that still means you will only be able to create one issue type? If that's correct, then you can just change your issue type scheme so that there is only one issue type available and the issuetype field won't be able to change.

I suspect that's still not what you really want though - you really want to be debugging your code so that it works when the issue type is changed on the create screen. I think you need to explain what you've customised on the screen and how - that needs debugging, rather than trying to run off and fix it in a totally different way

Kate December 27, 2012

No, I have 7 issue types, but I can choose necessary type on project's profile page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2012

Ok, then we can rule out using a single issue type.

So, we need to know what you've customised and where (removing the issue type selection is a bit of a pain, and very user-unfriendly, we should be fixing your code, not reducing functionality elsewhere)

Kate January 8, 2013

Yes, it's very user-unfriendly, but I don't see another way so far.

I try to customise Issuetype on Create Issue Screen (from project's profile page and dashboard).

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Kate,

I think you need to explain your requirement clearly. Reading from all the comments I just have a feeling you are trying to accomplish something simple.

You say you want to make the Issue Type selection read only, then why would you want to have 7 issue types?

If you want 7 Issue Types, what is the point making it read only?

You are trying to disable changing issue type selection because it is affecting your other two chained select custom fields that uses a json service?

Kate January 8, 2013

You are trying to disable changing issue type selection because it is affecting your other two chained select custom fields that uses a json service? [exactly]

I don't have an idea why json service doesn't work while changing issue type.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to achieve, I mean the end goal?

Suggest an answer