How to disable Confluence streams in Jira activity stream gadget?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Hi everybody,

Do you have any idea how to disable confluence streams in Jira activity stream?

I don't want to disable the application links between Jira and Confluence, i just want in the activity stream gadget not to have the Confluence option.

Cheers,

Kostas

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Hi Kostas,

This can be done by filtering the activity types on your Activity Stream gadgets.

On the top right corner of the Activty Stream gadget, click the upside down triangle, which will display a select list. Select Edit from the list and it will show the available streams and its type of activities. You may un-tick the option Confluence to not include Confluence activities.

This feature is described on the following blog: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/03/jira-5-activity-streams

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Immanuel

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2012

Hi Immanuel,

Thanks for your help.

That's a good solution but i would like to disable the Confluence Streams totally.

I mean if there is a module in the plugin that control the streams from Confluence.

I took a look but i can't see something.

Cheers

Kostas

2 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2014

In fact Activity Streams, if used with public and private sites, are a huge security issue because Atlassian does not provide a way to inform site A about B without informing B about A.

So, we ended up disabling Activity Streams on all public sites, as a desperate measure to prevent news about interal stuff being shown on public sites.

0 votes
John Wright May 15, 2013

We too would like to disable Confluence streams. Our JIRA instance has external users that cannot be allowed to view our (anonymous) internal Confluence activity stream.

Suggest an answer