How to disable Agents Notification Mail from Automation

Nico February 16, 2021

Hi,

we uses automation to change a ticket status, if a agent add a coment it change to "waiting for customer", if the customer respond it change to "waiting for support"

When it transist, our agents get a mail with

"Automation for Jira changed status from XX to YX"

How can we disable it? Disabling it for customer, we got done here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-i-disable-sending-Notifications-by-Automation/qaq-p/1612624?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_reply&utm_content=topic

but it dont affect the agent mail nofification

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

The notification isn’t directly coming from the automation itself. The notification is coming from the transition in combination with the notification scheme. The automation is causing a transition and that transition is firing a generic event post function which in turn results in the notification. So, the only way to prevent this is to disable the notification in the scheme. Of course doing so would prevent the issue transitioned notification from going out under manual transitions.

Nico February 16, 2021

Thank you! Do you have an idea, whats wrong here? Which notification should i edit or which notification is responsible for the transist notification?

image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

it is the one called "Generic Event", should be the last one i think (?). If you never want some individuals to see a notification for any transition then you could exclude those users from the role/groups included here.

Like Federico Scala likes this
Nico February 17, 2021

The last one means "issue deleted" there is nothing with genereic event, can you suggest me a screenshot?

Nico February 17, 2021

Got it! It is here /secure/admin/EditNotifications!default.jspa?schemeId=10000

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events