How to deploy SSL Certificates in JIRA Confluence Bitbucket HipChat

Jesse Callejas February 11, 2016

Good Day:

I'm about to deploy SSL on to JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and HipChat servers, I do know that have to create a CSR and send it in, to my chosen CA, however what I don't know is once I do this, will it affect the linkage between all the Atlassian's applications? How does Atlassians applications talk to each other? do they create a self-signed certificate that automatically each application installs and sends in to all the servers? I have all these Atlassian applications deployed in different VMs. Do they use a Self-signed certificate each to talk to each other and the CA certificate for access from the internet?

Thanks for all your valuable help, for little that it may seem is welcome.

Thanks again

Jesse

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Once you get your certificates back from a reputable Certificated Authority, you may or may not need to add them to the cacerts of your JVM. You can find many examples online on how to install the certs into the JVM.

Jesse Callejas February 26, 2016

Thanks Timothy, I tried to install the certs first in JIRA's keystore and keytool was giving me all kind of errors, so I went ahead and install first hand the certs in my JAVA cacerts file, then is when keytool stop complaining and let me install the certs in JIRA's local keystore. I looked into many  support documents from Atlassian support and they don't mention anything about installing the certs first in the cacerts file, I guess they let you find that out the hard way!

Suggest an answer