How to deinstall JIRA on Mac OS X?

Ralf Ralf July 29, 2011

I have been running JIRA 4.0.1 standalone with Greenhopper on Mac OS X 10.6. I have also installed (for JIRA's sake) MySQL.

Can anyone give or point out to me step-by-step instructions how to deinstall these products?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2011

Depends on how you installed them, but a Jira install is usually quite clean - it will have put it all in two directories - one application directory (e.g. /opt/jira) and whereever you set the "jira home" to (e.g. /data/jira). Delete those two, and Jira is gone. Of course, if you've written supporting scripts, split the data up (I put attachments outside "jira home" for example, as I usually need it on a separate file system for backups/replication), and so on, you coul dhave files in other places.

MySQL, I'm not so sure - I've only ever installed in on a Linux box, and never removed it using anything other than apt or rpm to remove it, which I've just assumed will clean up for me.

Ralf Ralf July 30, 2011

Hi Nic,

thank you very much. That answers my question.

As for MySQL I will drop the database, so it doesn't consume space and be happy with that.

Deleted user December 11, 2017

been a while, but I hope this kind of contact can bring some advice to me if you @Ralf Ralf1 still available ? 

my question regarding drop the database  while I am un-installing jira from my macOS (high sierra):

can I keep the database as is, but empty 'shell' kind of , so I can use for next round jira installation on same macOS , please ?

Suggest an answer