For several days now I'm facing a "NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 500" error when trying to edit a Jira workflow in graphical mode. Simply clicking a transition or a status will pop up an error dialog showing this message.
Status 500 indicates that something is going wrong on the server side. However, I assume that the workflow plugin will simply trigger some kind of request which cannot be understood by Jira. But on the other side I made an in-depth analysis of the network traffic and could not find anything unusual. Also non of the issues already filed (e.g. JRA-27958) apply for my current setup (Jira v6.0.5, IE v9 on Windows). So I need a way to find out what's going on behind the scenes.
I tried analyzing with IE's Developer Tools and Wireshark, but no valuable information there. So the question here is: What is the best way to analyze and/or debug problems within Jira triggered by some Flash Voodoo?
thanks, but actually this did not help. Same behaviour in plugin safe mode as before.
But I'm pretty sure this problem is caused by our authentication plugin we're using to connect to Active Directory using SSO. Actually we replaced the authenticator class in seraph-config.xml with our own implementation. This worked well until the last update. Of course you may say: "Just revert your changes". However the changes made are neccessary so a rollback is not possible without causing other problems. And it's also not possible to detect which of the changes made causes this error.
Since I'm not allowed to post any code here, I need some general solution to debug/analyze things, in particular the Flash stuff here.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG