How to customize the email notification subject

Jagadeesha J October 3, 2012

Hi,

Consider a case where email notification sent when Production issue is logged and email notification sent. In this case we would like to have the KEY word which can differentiate stake holders from normal issue to production issue.

For ex: when production issue logged subject will have [Production Issue]:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz , the key Production issue should not appear for other issue type notifications.

Please advice us how we can configure this.

Thanks,
Jagadeesh

3 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

We've developed a plugin for cloud where you can specify your own custom E-Mail Subject and body for each individual Messenger. And the messengers can be either for one email or for list of users. Check out Raley Email Notifications https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Adding to that, I think you could have a look at the Restricted Functions in OnDemand including "Customising email content" and watch the feature requests.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

And if you dont want to keep restarting your JIRA all the time for template updates, you could, if installed locally, use JEMH Template customization which can be done live.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

You can do this on a locally installed version of Jira but, as far as I know, you can't do this in "onDemand".

If you migrate to a local instance, you would modify the local templates in this directory

JIRA_INSTALL\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject

Since the templates are used for every issue type/project, you would need to put in some logic

#if ($issue.issueType.name == "Production Issue")
[Production Issue]: ($issue.key) $issue.summary 
#else
($issue.key) $issue.summary 
#end

I'm sorry! you have answered my question in first statement it self. Thanks.

Thanks Mathew. Do you think this change is supported on OnDemand version

Suggest an answer