How to customize the Issue Type ICON in JIRA 6.4.5?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

We are upgrading to JIRA 6.4.5 (Server)and I see that the ICON URL has been removed from the ADD ISSUE TYPE step. Where is that located now. I want to customize an issue type and can't figure out how.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

This is no longer possible since JIRA 6.2 - see JIRA 6.2 Release+Notes:

This release introduces new "lozenges" to represent statuses in JIRA. We've switched from the old icon+text representation to make it easier for users to locate and identify statuses. The new status lozenges also conform to the Atlassian Design Guidelines (ADG). This blog post explains the background behind this change. 

We no longer support custom images for status icons. However, you will be able to configure statuses to use any one of the slick new status colors (categories) in JIRA. 

Edit: Sorry for the confusion! Just click on 'Edit' next to the issue type after creating them.

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

I'm not talking about status's, I talking about the actual Issue Type ICONs. If I create an Issue Type, I want to be able to customize the ICON.

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2015

Those are different right? So if I wanted to Change a stories Icon from a lightbulb to a Frog, can I still do that?

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

Oh yes! Sorry for the confusion. Just click on 'Edit' on the issue type after creating them.

Like Martin Berlanda likes this
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2015

TU!

6 votes
Muhammad Akram Sharifi March 30, 2018

go to project administration

issue type left corner

search for issue type you want to edit icon. 

chose icon and hit update button. 

Suggest an answer