How to customize the Issue Type ICON in JIRA 6.4.5?

We are upgrading to JIRA 6.4.5 (Server)and I see that the ICON URL has been removed from the ADD ISSUE TYPE step. Where is that located now. I want to customize an issue type and can't figure out how.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

This is no longer possible since JIRA 6.2 - see JIRA 6.2 Release+Notes:

This release introduces new "lozenges" to represent statuses in JIRA. We've switched from the old icon+text representation to make it easier for users to locate and identify statuses. The new status lozenges also conform to the Atlassian Design Guidelines (ADG). This blog post explains the background behind this change. 

We no longer support custom images for status icons. However, you will be able to configure statuses to use any one of the slick new status colors (categories) in JIRA. 

Edit: Sorry for the confusion! Just click on 'Edit' next to the issue type after creating them.

I'm not talking about status's, I talking about the actual Issue Type ICONs. If I create an Issue Type, I want to be able to customize the ICON.

Those are different right? So if I wanted to Change a stories Icon from a lightbulb to a Frog, can I still do that?

Oh yes! Sorry for the confusion. Just click on 'Edit' on the issue type after creating them.

go to project administration

issue type left corner

search for issue type you want to edit icon. 

chose icon and hit update button. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

607 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you